At first glance it looks easy to manage social media profiles, but believe us, it is far from a simple task. Many social media marketers think that they do everything right, but in reality that’s not а complete truth. Taking care of social media page is much more than uploading photo and writing the text below.
Here are some common social media marketing mistakes that marketers often make.
- Posting too much promotional posts – It is perfectly clear, the purpose of the social media business page is to promote it and to help increasing the sales. But, posting too much of this promotional content can affect negatively and it can lead to losing fans and followers. Make the posts different and interesting to the audience.
- Ignoring comments from your fans – The main purpose of social media is to reach the audience and interact with them. Yes, it is wonderful when you get positive messages and give feedbacks with pleasure. But sometimes, there will be negative comments and you have to know how to handle them. Ignoring or deleting them will only make a negative impact of your business.
- Posting too often – This can sometimes be irritating and may result in loss of fans and negative comments. Make a balance and plan the content you’re serving. It’s always quality over quantity. Also, make sure you include more engagement and social interaction in your posts.
- Not reaching your target audience – Even when you publish the posts in perfect timing, even when it has excellent content, even when you think you do everything right, it’s not worth it if you don’t target the right audience. Make sure you’re aiming in the right people and that the right audience is receiving your content.
- Managing too many accounts – It is great to be present everywhere on the Internet and on every social media platform, but it takes time and skills to manage perfectly every single one of them. The experience says that it’s best to manage no more than 2-4 social media accounts. You should focus your skills, budget and creativity in those accounts in order to get the best results.